Monday, May 25, 2009

Response to Chapter 9

This chapter was my least favorite in the entire book. Many of the ideas were those that had already been presented throughout the book. Therefore I do not have much to say but that I agree with and accept the big shifts in technology. My only question is why at the end of the MAT program am I just now taking this course? It seems as though Teaching with Technology should be one of the first few courses that future teachers should take. I think that technology is extremely important to integrate in the classroom, so it seems like the knowledge gained from this course would have been extremely beneficial in my methods courses. If I would have familiar with all the free technology available for teachers to use to support their lessons, I could have already been implementing the use of technology in my lessons. Therefore, I think that UofL should require all student teachers to take this course in the beginning of their program so that they can get practice using their knowledge throughout the entire program.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Brittney. I would have liked to practice and explore these technologies throughout the program. Or maybe some of our other professors could have implemented their use? But then again, you know I thought the same thing about the cultural competency class. I could not believe there were people taking it AFTER their methods course. There's just so much to know...

    ReplyDelete