Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Updated Technology Autobiography

Okay, so it has been roughly two weeks since I began taking thisteaching with technology course. Before this course, I barely used technology in any of my lessons and when I did I, stuck to thebasics…overheard, projector, smart board. This course has opened upmy mind to all the new emerging technology that is out there forteachers to use on a regular basis. For example, I learned aboutblogging, Wiki, Flickr, MovieMaker, Podcasts, RSS, Skype, Twitter, and the list goes on. Most of these I never even heard of or even alone experienced for myself. As of this moment, I overwhelmed with all thenew information about technology that I have learned about in such ashort amount of time.

Now since I am familiar with different types of emerging technology, Ican begin to incorporate them into my lessons when I student teach. Itook my first step when I created the matrix for this course. I enjoyed creating lesson plans using the different types of technology. This actually gave me the opportunity to revisit the types of technology thatI liked the most and thought were going to be the most beneficial to mein the elementary classroom. For example, I like the idea of blogging, using MovieMaker, Flickr, and the search engine soople.

This course has also helped me to boost my confidence in using technology in my lessons. Beforehand, I was skeptical about using teacher based technology in the classroom because I only knew the basic functions of the most general technology available. Also, I would have never taught a lesson that involved students using technology because I was too nervous that the students would ask questions about the software that I would not know how to answer or the technology would not work leaving my lesson in shambles. Since taking this course and learning about the differenty types of free software and technology available, I feel like like I’ve been exposed to the tools needed to create awesome lesson plans that integrate different types of emerging technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment